Monday, July 16, 2007

College. Ravelry. Pictures. Oh yeah...and some knitting... :)

I am back from Philly...am starting to get settled in the new house...and I'M ONLINE!!!!...

Things have been so crazy around here for the past several weeks. This week I am vowing to go down to the college that is in town and sign up for classes...I am no longer working at the school I have been at for the past 4 years as it is almost 1.5 hrs away. I talked to the assistant principal at a middle school about twenty minutes away and she said, "We'd love to have you work here as an education assistant!" I said, "I don't have a two year degree" and she said.... "Oh dear." Sooo......I am going to fast track my associate's... I have been collecting classes for the past eight years and I'm soooo close! Here goes...

On the knitting front... I have been working on a simple pair of 2x2 ribbed socks (the ankles are ribbed and so are the tops of the feet). I also finished a scarf out of the most incredible bamboo yarn (omg - I love this stuff!!!, now all I need to do is figure out a way to make enough $$$$ to make a sweater out of it...hmmmm....any ideas???) Usually I am not the scarf type, but I could only afford one skein this go round and I thought...hey why not...it's soooo soft, might as well make something I could snuggle up too.... I am also considering the French Market Bag from Knitty...I have some Cascade 220 (colourway 7824, burnt orange) that reallly wants to be felted, so much so that it has been sitting in the stash ruminating about what it wants to be... it has finally decided that it wants to be a toss-up between the Market Bag, or Fiber Trends felted clogs...what do you think???




Speaking of stash, and projects, I have spent a little time on Ravelry...and I love it!!! If you are on...come say hi... I'm rhymeswithsocks...


And, last but not least... I have posted my picture! I am one of those shy types...a bit self-conscious if you will... but, I thought, hey why not! Might as well put a face to a name right? So...here I am... (the pic is from my dad's surprise 50th birthday this past February)


College. Ravelry. Pictures. Oh yeah...and some knitting... :) = wonderful. - jj

No comments: