Monday, May 7, 2007

rhymes with socks? What does that mean?

For the past four years I have worked as a teacher's aide in an elementary school classroom. When children, or adults for that matter, see my last name they tend to have a difficult time pronouncing it, as it is French and has several strange letters in a row. I have taken to introducing myself as Ms. Jacques rhymes with socks (or more properly - sock - but as my family has been in the US for almost a century, and over a hundred years in Canada before that - the pronunciation now tends to lean toward English). I love language. I love art. I love to knit. Especially socks. So here it is. rhymes with socks. My world in blog form. I hope you enjoy it. -jj

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

Welcome to the world of bloggers! Glad to have you here.

I am so happy you like my podcast. It means so much to me that you take the time to even write and tell me!

I hope to hear more from you soon!
ps can't wait to read more on your blog
pps have nothing really to say here other than THANK YOU AGAIN!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com