Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Warm Spring Day. Playing Tag. Anyone for Lemonade? I'll get the glasses.

I've been tagged by Marly

I am relatively new to this concept...but I am going to give it my best try :). In order to keep the chain (not a crochet pun - promise ;) ) going, the instructions are as follows:

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

Now, as I have just started my blog, I don't know very many bloggers. I still wanted to participate in this game of tag, so I started surfing. Here are seven blogs that caught my eye...I found their photography, topics, and/or writing style to be quite interesting...hope you enjoy! Amanda's Weekly Zen, Knit Annie, Knitting for Sanity, Dances With Wool, Knittens, Sugar Bunny Boulevard, Pen and Purl

Here are my Seven Random Things:

1. I quit smoking cold turkey over six months ago...not surprisingly my FO list has increased exponentially since then. (my theory was, if your hands have needles in them you can't hold a cigarette). Oddly enough, I also have more $$ for yarn...hmmm why didn't I think of doing this sooner?

2. I was diagnosed with Type I diabetes in 1988, at the age of 8

3. My favorite number is 24. My birthday and my mom's birthday are both on the 24th of the month, exactly 6 months apart. I turned 24 the same year my mom turned 48 (24 x 2) and get this...this happened in 2004. Cool, huh?

4. Another one of my favorite pastimes, beside knitting, is origami. I really enjoy modular origami particularly (the final piece involves more than one piece of paper)

5. I love math. Especially geometry, and patterning...hmmm surprised at my hobby choices???

6. I have actually read both War and Peace and Moby Dick from beginning to end. I read War and Peace because that is the "classic" example of a really long book that everyone talks about, but no one has read and I wanted to see if it was worth reading. Turns out it is a great book! I highly recommend it. Ditto with Moby Dick.

7. My favorite vegetable is asparagus.

Oh, btw, if you stop by, please say Hello! I would love to meet you :)

wonderful=Warm Spring Day. Playing Tag. Anyone for Lemonade? I'll get the glasses. - jj

4 comments:

knitannie said...

Thanks for the tag, I love hearing from new readers. I hope to start posting more often. Do you use Blogroll or Bloglines to keep track of the blogs you read? Just thought I'd mention it, as they are great tools. I LOVE asparagus too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn, thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm always looking for new blogging friends :) Sometimes I feel so out of the loop. I'm so impressed that you stopped smoking cold turkey. I never smoked, but my dad did and I remember the stories he told me about quiting. Knitting may be just as expensive, but its more healthy!

YarnThing said...

Hey lady! Great list! Congrats on the Smoking thing! I know how hard it is to quite by watching my dad try so many times. He finally stopped about 10 years ago...cold turkey!

BTW: glad to be one of your first blogger buddies :-)

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com
yarnthing.blogspot.com

woolcat said...

War and Peace is fantastic, isn't it? I was actually sad to get to the end of it. Although I did kind of skim over some of the parts with Napoleon and Tolstoy going on and on about how wars are won.