Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Purses? I don't know. Dishcloths. Afghans. Mini Sweaters fit for a mouse. Oh My.



Wow! I haven't posted since May 29! So much has happened in the past two weeks...




Two of my students have finished their first knitting projects.

This one is a purse...


and...
this one is a ... well ... she was undecided what it is ...

I did make sure to lavish them with lots of pride (they worked sooo hard on these). I also taught two more boys how to knit today - at their request. Since school ends next week and I will not be working at the school next year (I am moving in a few weeks and the hour commute would essentially eat up all of my wages) I will probably not get to see what they create with their new-found skills. I do allow them to keep the needles and a ball of yarn so I hope they will decide to stick with it.
I am the president of the para association and we had our last meeting of the year last week. As a big thank you to vp, treasurer, secretary, and building reps for all they have done over the past three years I made them these:
...

Some of them don't wear pins, so I figured I would whip up a few dishcloths so they could have an option.

In other news... I am really having a tough time with the whole idea of moving... I know it is a good thing, but change is never easy... In order to make it easier on myself I have been thinking of doing a bunch of mindless crochet (read: basic granny squares) and was thrilled to find that Michael's had clearanced some Lion Brand Homespun. Even though it is acrylic I really like the texture of this yarn, and given the price, it just SCREAMED afghan at me - seriously, it almost jumped out of the little wire bin it was living in. Last night I took a picture of the two squares that miraculously appeared... (the third materialized during lunch today, and therefore was not included in the pic) 3 down, 27 to go...

Last, but certainly not least, I have been experimenting with materials for the itty bitty sweaters I have been making - in anticipation of an Etsy store. Here is one that I created out of some heavyweight crochet cotton...It reminded the kids at school of something that a mouse, or one of the Borrowers might find quite comfortable...


Well, that's it for now...
wonderful = purses? I don't know. dishcloths. afghans. mini sweaters fit for a mouse. oh my. - jj

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love the color of the squares!

And the pins! Such a cute idea. I'm sure your co-workers are going to love them!!